‘Vlending’(Hereinafter referred to as “Company”) values user’s online privacy, and is committed to protect the
user’s personal information provided to the Company during the use of the Company’s mobile service ‘Mubeat’
(Hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
1. Collection of Information
The Company require certain information to provide the service to the users (Hereinafter referred to as
Members do not have to create an account to use some of the service features, such as searching, viewing the charts
or artist’s channel. If a member chooses to register and create an account, he or she must provide
the Company with some personal data so that the Company can provide the Service. When creating an account, a member can
sign up or connect to the Service with an account from another service like Google, Facebook or Twitter.
In addition, in order to provide the Member with convenient and various services, the Company can use the personal information collected from the Member to carry out advertising or marketing activities of the services provided by the Company through methods like E-mail or push notifications. In such cases, the Member can refuse unwanted services any time through E-mail, etc.
1.1 Method of Collection
The Company collects the information of the member in the following ways:
- Information collected during the registration for the Service or in the course of the use of the Service
- Information provided by the third parties and business partners of the Company
- Information collected during the 1:1 inquiry and information provided directly by the user
2. What We Collect
2.1 Basic Account Information
For account registration, log-in service, and seamless customer support, and to verify the user’s age for the content
use, the Company collect and use the following personal information:
- Log in via Mubeat account: user ID (E-mail address), password, age
- Log in via Facebook account (only when the user is set as a public user profile): Facebook ID, E-mail address,
display name, age
- Log in via Google Plus account: Google Plus ID, E-mail address, display name, age
- Log in via Twitter account: Twitter ID, E-mail address, display name, age
The following information may be collected with the user’s consent for age verification or identity verification as
required by relevant laws or regulations:
- Encoded identification information (CI)
- Identification information of overlapped membership (DI)
In the course of using other services, the following information may be generated and collected:
- Mubeat services related activities, such as video selection, watch history, and search terms
- Additional collection of E-mail addresses and giveaway shipping information during the processing of events and customer inquiries.
2.2 Technical information
To securely and reliably set up and maintain the account of Members and to operate our Service, the Company use
technology like application program interfaces (APIs) and embeds to make that informations available to websites,
the application, and others to collect certain types of, but are not limited to, the information addressed
The Company receives information when Members use the Service, which we refer to as “Log Data,” even if users have
not created an account. This Log Data includes information such as Member’s IP address, unique device identifier
(UUID), operating system, mobile carrier, and device information (including device language settings), and ad identifiers (GAID/ IDFA).
The Company uses information the Members provide and the data provided, including log data and data from third
parties, to make inferences like what contents the Members might be interested in, age, what languages they speak and
etc. This helps us better design our service.
To operate our Service, the Company keeps track of how Members interact with the share links of video clips from the Service on other websites.
The Company may collect general information (e.g. IP address and country of residence) about the Member’s location, and may use that information to customize the Service and features that need to know the Member’s location to work properly. By accessing and using the Service, the Member consents to this collection and processing of location information.
The Company receives these information from our business partners and service providers (such as Google Analytics) who assist us in offering and improving the Service by providing information about how the Members use the Service.
Below are the list of, but are not limited to, the service providers of the Company:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Analytics
- Amazon Web Service
3. Use of Information
The Company may use the collected information of users for any of the following purposes:
- To provide the Service in a seamless manner and to facilitate, manage and improve the user experience
- For Member identification and to detect and deter unauthorized use of or abuse of the Service
- To make statistics on the user’s Service usage
- To conduct user surveys and statistical analysis for the improvement of the Service
- To verify and respond to any requires made by the user
- To notify the user of any other important notifications (through push notification, E-mail, online message
channel), if necessary
- To provide promotional events and advertising information (through push notification, E-mail, online message channel)
- To provide personalized service and information (including advertisements) provided by the Company
※ The Company collects minimal behavioral data in order to transmit personalized online ad information. In order to provide personalized ad information, behavioral data collected through ad identifiers is stored for up to 6 months and is then destroyed. When destroyed, a technical method is used such that recovery or restoration is impossible.
Members can block personalized ads at any time, and if they do, they will no longer be shown personalized ads.
How to decline collection of behavioral data
- Google Settings → Ads → Opt out of Ads Personalization
- Settings → Privacy → Advertising → Limit Ad Tracking
4. Sharing of Information
The Company will not share personal information to a third party without the user’s content, unless one of the
following circumstances applies:
- Affiliates and service providers that support the seamless provision of the Service
- With companies that perform services on the Company’s behalf (including both third parties and our
affiliates), such as providers of technical infrastructure (such as servers) or engineering or other
support, technical services and features developers, research and analytical companies, and E-mail providers
- When the users consent to the sharing in advance
- With our affiliates for the collective benefit of our affiliates’ businesses and for operational purposes
The Company shares user data with ad technology providers. These ad technology providers may collect users' behavioral data and use data about users for the purposes of ads personalization and measurement.
Below is a list of the Company's ad technology providers. The providers may vary by country:
- Smart Media Representative Co., Ltd
4.1 Public Information
When a Member creates an account, the display name and profile image information are always public and shared with other Members of the Service. When a Member uploads postings in the artist community, the contents are shown to the public. Any comments posted on another Member’s postings will also be public. The Member is responsible for all the information they provide through the Service, and so should think carefully about what he or she makes public, especially if it is sensitive information.
5. Personal Data of Children
- The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 16 in countries that implement the EU GDPR amendment. If you are under the required minimum age, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any Personal Data about yourself to the Company. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the required minimum age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under the required minimum age may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- According to each country's law, it may lower the age limit for children requiring the consent of their legal representatives, such as parents, down till the age of 13. For children under 13 years old, they can do so through their legal representative or authorized representative. In this case, the legal representative has all the rights of the Member. A Member under 16 or where applicable should only sign up after fully understanding the purpose of the collection and use of personal information and after obtaining the consent of a legal representative or parents. In addition, legal representatives, such as parents, may request to view, correct or renew the personal information of children, or withdraw their consent for membership, and in such cases, the Company shall take necessary measures without any delays.
If you believe that a child under the required minimum age who needs parental guidance is providing personal information, please contact email@example.com
6. User’s Rights to Access and Control
The user may exercise his/her right to access or modify the registered personal information, or request to delete
the user account.Through the account settings, a member may access, edit or in some cases delete the following
information that he or she has provided to the Company:
- Display name and password
- E-mail address
- Profile image
- Community and wall postings, including text, images and links that Members have uploaded on the Service
The information members can view, update, and delete may change as the Service change. When the user requests the
errors in personal information to be rectified, the personal information will not be used or provided before the
rectification is completed.
The Company manages the deactivated or deleted personal information as set out under the ‘Period of use of personal
information’ section below, and such personal information is not viewable or used for any other purposes.
7. Period of Use of Personal Information
The Company retains personal information for up to 30 days.
According to the circumstances, the Company may keep Log data for up to 18 months in cases where storage obligations are specified, or is within the Company’s internal policy, or is with the consent of the user, or is in the period of retention notified in advance, or in cases of litigation or disputes or the possibility of such actions. When a Member closes his or her account, the Company may keep their personal information in cases where it is needed for legal responses and such, for as long as necessary.
However, during this period the Company may only use the information for the relevant purposes. If the Company needs to keep the information after this period, the Company will notify the user and obtain the individual consent.
For personal information that is provided for disclosed temporary purposes(events, surveys, etc.), after the purpose has been fulfilled, that personal information will be, according to the Member's intention, processed as information necessary for membership registration or deleted completely from the disk in a way that cannot be read or used.
8. Personal Information Destruction Procedure and Method
The following is the Company’s procedure and method of personal information destruction.
8.1 Destruction Procedure
as stated in ‘8. Period of Use of Personal Information’, and then destroyed according to internal policies and
relevant laws. Such personal information will not be used for purposes other than retention except when required by
8.2 Destruction method
Paper records will be shredded by a shredder and electronic records will be discarded in an irreversible manner
using technical methods.
9. Assistance Regarding Personal Data
please contact the Company’s privacy protection division by using the following information:
Vlending Co., Ltd.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
82 SBS Prism Tower,
Seoul, South Korea.
The Company is responsible for the handling of personal information and appoints and operates the person and department in charge, as mentioned below, of personal information protection and the handling of complaints and damages related to personal information.
Personal Information Protection Officer
Name: Changwon Son
Affiliation / Position: Vlending Chief Executive Officer / Chief Executive Officer
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 02-784-8562
Personal Information Processing Officer
Name: Hyun Woon Ko
Affiliation / Position: Vlending Deputy Director / Deputy Director
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 02-784-8562
All inquiries, complaints, damage relief, etc related to personal information that occurred during use, can be made to the person or department in charge of personal information protection. The Company will answer and process the user's inquiries.